Diary of a Crossing Guard, Day 2

Texans are friendly. I've lived here 14+ years and always like that reminder.

Completed my fingerprints scan this morning, part of my onboarding. Digital fingerprint scanning is...interesting.

Compliment of the day: "well aren't you just the cutest crossing guard." If you didn't hear that in your mind in the robust voice of a Southern Granny, go back and try again. I'll wait.

Hugging other people's kids makes me uncomfortable, because of how suspiciously the state of our current world necessitates parents to be. Nevertheless, I don't turn down hugs, just make sure my hands are always seen...these kiddos are great and I love 'em.

Finally, it's a wee bit hot out there. I've drunk more water the past two days than any other two-day period in the past. But it's great out there for improving my tan!

Post a Comment