The Oxygen Mask Principle

I had to run a few errands after wrapping up the work week and brought the kids with me since Funny Daddy was headed to work. Errands done, and what's looming ahead? Why, Burger King with a playground. Score! I had promised Big Girl Mickey D's, but I love BK food so much more.

But tonight's post isn't about WHERE we're eating, but HOW.

I'm on my own with Big Girl and Bubba Boy many dinnertimes, since Funny Daddy works overnights. Sometimes, dinner takes eleventy billion hours. Gotta feed Bubba. Big Girl pretends to need help. Around midnight, I'm shoving food in my own face. Blech.

So I'm trying something new, using the Oxygen Mask Theory. It goes a little like this:

Inflight, passengers are advised to secure their own oxygen masks before helping others, in the event the cabin loses pressure. (Personally, I'd prefer a parachute, in the event the cain loses the capacity for sustained flight! But I digress.)

So tonight, I (BK) fed myself first. Let Big Girl hit the playground, had Bubba chilling with a toy, and I ate. And it was wonderful. Big Girl reappeared to begin eating before dashing back to play with her new 8-year-old boyfriend. And now Bubba's numbing down his pureed sweet potatoes and chicken.

And we've only been here 20 minutes.

Ahhhhhh. Like a breath of fresh air - or oxygen!

2 comments

  1. Burger King? Ughh...I hate their food. You should have gone to McDonald's.Their food is better and you would have kept you promise.
    As for the face mask principle, that is the same way lions do it in the wild, adults eat first and when they are finished, if anything is left, the cubs get to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh...McDonald's food isn't my friend. In fact, I will only eat 1 meal off their menu Much prefer Burger King! My promise was actually about getting to play, so Big Girl had a blast in the BK Playground - yay! The location we visited has a nice one.

    ReplyDelete