Samsung 500 at TMS

I love me some NASCAR and one of my favorite track is Texas Motor Speedway...by virtue of the fact that it's only a few miles away and we used to be season ticket holders.  And hopefully future season ticket holders, once the kids are older!

Here are my thoughts on this week's Saturday NIGHT race:

  • How 'bout that wind???
  • Hey Jerry - did you have 160k at the Super Bowl?  Yeah, didn't think so.
  • Very classy National Anthem with the Armed Forces Brass Brigade.
  • Note to Fox: never ever ever again break away from a flyover to show Jimmy Johnson making out with his wife.
  • Note to Jimmy: Shave. That is all.
  • Note to Fox, again: Gee.  Cowboy hats in Texas.  That's original.
  • Note to Patti: thanks for letting me borrow .
  • "Boogity, boogity, boogity - let's go racing TEXAS style, boys!"  Yeehaw!
  • Lap 4: Husband asks Toddler for a beer.  Toddler obliges.  Husband remarks, "I knew I had a child for a good reason."  Mom rolls eyes.
  • Laps 5-119: Yaaaaaaaaaawn.
  • Lap 120: One word for this wreck: OUCH!
  • Lap 298: Ya'll might like Pit Stop Roulette, but I am not a fan.
  • Lap 300something: Can we go back to 2005 numbers and colors?  I just realized I was rooting for the wrong damn car.  *Sigh* It's late.
  • Lap 320: Get off the track, Kurt.  Just go.  I don't care who wins, just not you.
  • Lap 321: Kenseth.  Really?
  • Lap 331: Kenseth.  Really.
  • Lap 334: Kenseth.  Really!
Good race, guys.  Always glad to have ya'll in Texas.  And many, many congrats to Kenseth, one of the truly nice guys in racing!

See ya'll in 'Dega!

Post a Comment