Talking About Potty Training

Some of my discussions with my kiddos are about the tough issues in life...biting, sharing, and, of course, potty training. Here's a recent exchange with Big Girl.

Mom: Do you have to go potty, honey?

Big Girl: Nope. I'm busy asking you to put Dora on the TV.

Mom: Are you sure? You haven't gone in awhile.

Big Girl: Mo-om! No. I want to watch Dora, please.

Mom: Ok, well let me know when you're ready.

Big Girl: Duh. Dora! Now!

Five minutes later...

Big Girl: [Grunt]

Mom: Are you going potty?

Big Girl: Nope! I'm underwater basket weaving. With Dora!

Mom: Come on. Let's go potty.

Big Girl: Uh, ok. But you're not going to like this.

Mom: Like what? Hey, why is there a great big green cloud of noxiousness wafting from your backside?

[Fail]

[end scene]

Post a Comment