The Sickies Have Invaded!

I have a super power: going to the doctor for one reason and getting a diagnosis far different.

This morning, I had a 3-month followup at the neuro to check progress on my migraine and trigeminal neuralgia issues. *That* part went well, with only a minor medication change - upping my gabapentin from 3 to 4 times a day.

However, the NP who saw me didn't like my cough. She ordered me to go straight to my PCP, do not pass Go, do not collect $200. Unfortunately, said PCP was overrun with appointments and her next available was a week away. So off to urgent care I went.

With white blood count results sky high and terrible chest xray images, I was the lucky recipient of a double pneumonia diagnosis and had 5 lovely prescriptions foisted upon me. Could have been worse; I managed to talk my way out of being sent to the hospital. Tomorrow, however, I retest. If my WBC hasn't dropped or my lungs haven't shown any improvement, she wants me admitted. In the meantime, water and nebulizer and rest.

Huge thank you to TracieandMickey Bramlett who kept the kiddos while 1 doctor appointment morphed into 2, and toChris D Aller for taking the kids off my hands for the next few days.

If you're a GS parent, you'll soon receive a message canceling tomorrow's meeting. If you're a client, look for an email rearranging my editorial calendar for the week. If you're a crosswalk parent, I'll see you in a few days. And if you're a Sonic employee, how do you feel about making deliveries? ðŸ˜˜

Having stocked up on soup and my comfort foods, I'm now headed to pick up my newly finished prescriptions then crawl into bed. This, too, shall pass.

Post a Comment